First and second class have settled back into school really well and have been working very hard this month!
- In English we have been learning and talking all about pets. We learned about lots of different types of pets and lots of the boys and girls told us all about the pets they have at home. We chatted about what our pets eat, where they live, what they like to do and how we care for them and keep them safe and healthy. We have now moved on to talking all about the cinema!
- We have also been working hard on our handwriting. Second class have just started learning cursive writing and they are doing very well with this big step.
- We have also been working hard on our oral Irish this month. Here are some phrases to practise at home:
- Dia duit ar maidin. Dia’s Muire duit!
- Conas atá tú? Tá mé go maith./Níl mé go maith./Tá mé tinn.
- Tá pian i ____. (mo cheann, mo bholg)
- Feicim le mo shúilín rud éigin a thosaíonn le ... (I spy with my little eye something beginning with...)
- We have been working very hard on our ball skills during PE. We have been practising ball handling, throwing and catching, target throwing and we are now moving onto dribbling, shooting and footwork.
- First and second class have also worked especially hard for Healthy Eating Week. We have been very busy learning all about the food pyramid and planning healthy lunches, breakfasts and snacks. We designed our own healthy packed lunch, created our own food pyramids, produced some beautiful still life drawings of fruit bowls and even baked our own healthy ‘oat and seed bread’ with some help from Suzanne and Ms. Carty. We then used our best handwriting to write up our recipe to display in our classroom. Well done everybody!
Here is our super simple recipe (written here by Sophie) for anybody who would like to try it at home!
Here is a link to our current Healthy Eating Policy: